Preceptors can sign off on shifts using the preceptor sign-off form in the Skills & Patient Care section of Fisdap. To use this feature, preceptors will either need a unique Fisdap username and password or an electronic signature that you can recognize and trust.
To access the preceptor sign off page:
- Select the student whose shift you want to review.
- Click on the shift to go to their My Shift page.
- Click the Preceptor sign-off box with the pencil icon.
- The preceptor sign-off page includes a Shift summary, an evaluation the preceptor and/or student to complete, a Plan of action, and the Evaluator signoff box.
- Depending on your settings, the preceptor will type in their unique Fisdap username and password or provide their electronic signature.
- In the evaluator signoff box, preceptors also have the opportunity to lock the shift, which will prevent the student from making any changes to the shift data the preceptor has already reviewed.