As if teaching and learning EMS course content isn’t difficult enough, keeping track of records and managing reporting requirements can be very time-consuming. That is exactly where the Competency Tracker comes in.
Reimagined from our long-standing Fisdap Skills Tracker, the Competency Tracker offers a range of updates, including the new CoAEMSP Student Minimum Competency (SMC) Recommendations Report, and an improved user experience to make documenting student achievement and competencies easier than ever.
Take a look at some of the most important features in the brand new Competency Tracker.
Features and Enhancements
Some of the most important updates you will find in the Competency Tracker include:
- Add More Impressions: Previously, Fisdap Skills Tracker limited the number of impressions that a student could enter to only two. This prevented some students from documenting all the details of their patient assessments. Now, this limit has been removed, allowing patients to include everything they feel is important in that patient visit.
- Streamlined Skills List: In the prior version, the quick skills list and lab practice skills list were in different places. These skills frequently overlap, and both are important. Therefore, it is more convenient to have all of them in the same place. That way, it is easier for students and instructors to log clinical, lab, and field shift skills.
- Add Attachments: Students are frequently on the go, and some of them engage in remote learning. Therefore, it is helpful to add images and videos that augment the student learning experience. In prior versions of the program, there was no option to add attachments. Now, students can take a picture or video on their mobile device and upload it directly to the Competency Tracker, making it easier for instructors and students to watch performances.
- Add Comments: Now, instructors and students have the ability to add comments to each individual skill performed. Instructors can now provide students with more insight into their individual performances.
- Dictation Software: Even though dictation software is closely associated with medical records, it is also important in the EMS classroom. This makes it easier for students and instructors to record comments during shifts without having to meticulously type them into the text box.
- Enhanced Search Functionality: The search functionality of Competency Tracker has been markedly improved to make it easier for students and instructors to find what they are looking for.
- Changes to Goal Sets: Significant changes have been made to goals. Now, there is a new goal set template that has been updated to reflect the new CoAEMSP Student Minimum Competency (SMC) Recommendations Report, which makes it easier for students to ensure they are on track for graduation. In addition, there is an expanded goal set options list, which gives instructors the ability to customize the goals to meet the needs of each individual student. This makes it easier for students to ensure they are still on track.
- Changes To the User Interface Design: Changes have also been made to the user interface design. It is easier for students and instructors to see notifications, identify optional fields, and make changes to patient interactions. These changes reflect feedback that was received on prior versions of the program.
These are just a few of the many updates to take advantage of with the Competency Tracker. These changes have been made to enhance the educational experiences of instructors and students alike.
Why The Fisdap Competency Tracker Is a Must-Have in EMS Programs and Classrooms
Right now, EMS professionals are needed more than ever. It is important for instructors to make sure their students are ready to address patient needs. Some of the biggest reasons why the Competency Tracker is important in EMS classrooms and programs include:
- Accreditation First: The Competency Tracker is in compliance with the latest accrediting requirements released by CoAEMSP, including the new CoAEMSP Student Minimum Competency (SMC) Recommendations Report.
- Customizable: The individual goals and skills in the Competency Tracker can be customized to meet the needs of each individual student.
- Ease of use: Duplicating skill entry is simple and painless, with one overall Skills list.
- Peer Feedback: Students and instructors can easily add comments, suggestions or ask for more information and get the most of the learning experience.
- On-the-Go Readiness: Speech-to-text dictation saves time, offers versatility and provides accommodation to support learners.
For a complete overview on the all-new Competency Tracker, check out this promotional flyer, as well as this guide on how to get started, and this FAQ.
PLEASE NOTE: Fisdap Program Directors must request that their new programs be updated from the current Skills Tracker to the new Competency Tracker by completing and submitting the Competency Tracker Request Form. Our Support team will turn on Competency Tracker for your program and an email notification will be sent to you once it is available.